PE &Sport Funding
What is the sports premium?
The Primary school PE premium is a grant provided for schools to spend on improving the quality of PE and sport for all their children. This funding is expected to continue until 2020. This funding can only be spent on PE and sport provision in schools.
How did we spend the sports premium in 2016/17?
- Contributed towards the provision of outdoor play equipment and an activity centre on the school field. This supplemented funds raised by the PTFA.
- We continued to provide swimming lessons at Framlingham College on Friday afternoons. This swimming provision was in excess of the minimum requirements of the National Curriculum and allowed all pupils from year 2 upwards to learn to swim.
- We entered a wide variety of sports competitions and used the premium to pay relevant entry and membership fees.
- We continued to provide transport to competitions and tournaments.
- In co-operation with the School Council, we provided additional playground equipment.
- Funded relevant training for staff, including support staff.
Impact (2016 to 17)
Although Earl Soham is a small school we have achieved well in many competitions and sport has a high profile where we value the achievement of all pupils. Last year (2016 to 17) we entered teams in many local competitions. We achieved first place in the under 7 quad kids athletics, and were 4th in the Netball tournament. As a small school our teams involve nearly all pupils in the relevant age group. We value taking part and taking pride in representing the school.
All Key stage 2 pupils have the opportunity to learn to swim and well as Year 2 pupils.
Using the PE Funding in 2017 to 18.
Please see the file below to view our plans for the current academic year